It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Coping with Loss of loved ones who fought the battle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 am 
Keeps The Boat Going

I'm not sure if this has been a topic before but over the last few years I have lost loved ones who have gone through a battle with eating disorder. It's hard when the anniversaries come around about the same time of their death each year. It's hard to cope with it in once sense but in another it's also a reminder to keep fighting the battle and never give up. To keep choosing life.

I had a friend Rebekah who died last year in November. It was a hard loss losing her. I'm sure other people have experienced loss of someone who has battled an eating disorder.

I know there are 5 stages to grief but how do you cope with the loss and not let it affect your recovery if you have eating disorder as well. If you are a loved one trying to cope with tragedy how do you get through that particular day. Do you celebrate the life you had with them? What do you do?

Someone recently challenged me to make memory book of special moments I've had with some of the people I have lost in my life. Does anyone else have any ideas.

[color=#8000FF]My Recovery Tumblr Blog
inkthatispink.tumblr.com ]

Post subject: Re: Coping with Loss of loved ones who fought the battle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:36 am 
Awesome Admin

many of us will remember when Linda died last year... for me i was shocked and saddened and felt guilty however it really pushed me to be more honest in my recovery, and ultimately to be part of creating this new site :)

my photos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28 pm 
Marvellous Mod

Serra wrote:
many of us will remember when Linda died last year... for me i was shocked and saddened and felt guilty however it really pushed me to be more honest in my recovery, and ultimately to be part of creating this new site :)

:agree:

Linda's death still haunts me but these tragic stories are proof that we really do need to fight back against our EDs are we are not immortal.
Best way to honour the memory of someone who lost the fight with their ED is to win your fight.

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside of you that wants you to quit."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm 
Keeps The Boat Going

Butterfly wrote:
Serra wrote:

:agree:

Linda's death still haunts me but these tragic stories are proof that we really do need to fight back against our EDs are we are not immortal.
Best way to honour the memory of someone who lost the fight with their ED is to win your fight.

butterfly i like that last part of your post. Many people don't think recovery is possible. I truly believe people can recover from eating disorders. We have to keep fighting every day no matter how hard it is. my friend Rebekah she was such a fighter she never gave up. It's just her body gave out.

You are right Linda's death we hard for a lot of people. It's a wake up call to make change in ourselves.

[color=#8000FF]My Recovery Tumblr Blog
inkthatispink.tumblr.com ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]